Selected country-specific resources
Solomon Islands (the)
- Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief and Development (2016). Collaborating for Transformation: The Civil Society of Afghanistan. Position Paper for the Brussels Conference on Afghanistan in October 2016. N/A
- Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief and Development (2016). Panorama of Civil Society Organizations in Afghanistan from the Perspective of Coordination. N/A
- International Federation of Journalists (2010). Media for democracy in Afghanistan. Brussels, Belgium.
- Asian Development Bank (2008). Overview of NGOs and Civil Society: Bangladesh. Manila, Philippines.
- Asian Journal of Political Science (2006). Civil Society and Good Governance in Bangladesh. N/A
- Bangladesh Model Youth Parliament (website)
- Faculty of Culture and Society, Malmö University (2014).Youth Civic Engagement in Bhutan: Obedient Citizens or Social Activists?. Malmö, Sweden
- Bhutan Center for Media and Democracy (2013). Strengthening Media and Civic Education to Enhance Democracy in Bhutan. Thimphu, Bhutan
- Worldwide Human Rights Movement (FIDH) (2017). Cambodia: #FreeThe5KH released after more than a year in pre-trial detention
- UN News Centre (25 January 2017), Cambodia: UN experts call for the immediate release of five human rights defenders
- Cambodian Center for Human Rights (2017). Shrinking Civic Space in Cambodia – local manifestations of the global crackdown on civil society
- UN Human Rights Council, annual reports of the UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Cambodia: 2016 report (A/HRC/33/62), 2015 report (A/HRC/30/58), 2014 report (A/HRC/27/70), 2013 report (A/HRC/24/36), 2011 report (A/HRC/18/46), 2010 report (A/HRC/15/46), 2009 report (A/HRC/12/40/Corr.1) and 2008 report (A/HRC/7/42)
- CIVICUS World Alliance for Citizen Participation (2016). CIVICUS Monitor in Cambodia
- Various NGOs (2016). Joint Statement - Paris Peace Accords Anniversary
- CIVICUS World Alliance for Citizen Participation (2016). Unwarranted limitations on civic space in Cambodia, Egypt and Syria: Statement at Human Rights Council
- UN News Centre (15 July 2015). Cambodia’s NGO Bill threatens a free and independent civil society: UN expert urges Senate to reject it
- Morana Krajnovic/ Chemonics (2015). Cambodia’s Shrinking Space for Civil Society and the Role of Donors
- Oxfam Cambodia (2015). Political Economy Analysis of Civic Space in Cambodia
- Cooperation Committee for Cambodia (2013). Assessment of the Enabling Environment for Civil Society in Cambodia
- International Federation of Journalists (2012). Handbook for Investigative Reporting in China. Brussels, Belgium.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology/ Department of Urban Studies and Planning (2005). From village to small town in contemporary China: The transformation of civic space. Cambridge, USA.
- Fiji Women's Right Movement (2015). The Fiji Women's Right Movement Input into the Discussion on "How to Create and Maintain Civil Society Space?"
- Fokus Muda and the Global Fund (2015). Making the money work for young key populations: Experience of young key populations with the new funding model in Indonesia
- The Asia Foundation (2011). How Civil Society Organizations Work Politically to Promote Pro-Poor Policies in Decentralized Indonesian Cities. Jakarta, Indonesia
- ILO (2003). Civil Society and Civil Society Organizations in Indonesia
- The Dialogue (2016). How the Foreign Contributions Regulation Act is being abused to shrink civic space in India
- Oxfam India (2014). Civil Society and Policymaking in India: In Search of Democratic Spaces. A Case Study
- International Federation of Journalists (2006). Bridging the divides improving relations between India and Pakistan: a handbook on good journalism practice. Brussels, Belgium.
- ARTICLE 19 (2017). Tightening the Net: Online Freedoms in Iran Following Rouhani’s Reelection. London, UK
- Institute for Global and International Studies at the George Washington University (2013). Civil Society Organizations and Empowerment of Women and Girls in Iran
- Arseh Sevom “Third Sphere” NGO (2010). Attacks on Civil Society in Iran
- Kiribati Ministry for Internal and Social Affairs, UNICEF (2011). National Youth Policy 2011-2015
- Asian Development Bank (2011). Lao People's Democratic Republic - Civil Society Briefs
- Kepa (2015). Reflection on Lao Civil Society
- Freedom House (2016). Malaysia - 2016 Report
- Human Rights Watch (2015). Malaysia - 2015 Report
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (2011). Civil Society and the Challenges of Democratization in Malaysia. Penang, Malaysia.
- UN Development Programme (2011). Comprehensive Study on the Maldivian Civil Society
- FORUM-Asia and Progressive Voice (2017). Human Rights Situation in Burma/Myanmar: A Briefing Paper. Bangkok, Thailand
- CIVICUS Monitor (2017). No improvement on civic space: Myanmar shuns international scrutiny
- UNESCO (2016). Assessment of Media Development in Myanmar
- UPR Info (2015). 2nd Cycle UPR Myanmar 2015: Information on the Status of the Human Rights Situation in Myanmar
- Civil Society Dialogue Network (2013). Mapping of Myanmar Peacebuilding Civil Society
- Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Agder (2013). The Role of Civil Society in Promoting Democracy, Good Governance, Peace and National Reconciliation in Myanmar. Grimstad, Norway
- Human Rights Watch (2015). Nepal - Report 2015
- World Movement for Democracy (2011). Defending Civil Society: Report on Laws and Regulations Governing Civil Society Organizations in Nepal
- UNESCO (2013). Assessment of Media Development in Nepal, based on UNESCO’ Media Development Indicators (2013)
- Asian Development Bank (2005). Overview of Civil Society: Nepal
- ICNL (2017). Civic Freedom Monitor: Pakistan
- Bytes 4 All Pakistan (2016). Pakistan Internet Landscape and Internet Rights and Legislation in Pakistan: A Critique on Cyber Crime Bill
- Bytes 4 All Pakistan (2015). Debating faith in Cyberspace: Offline consequences of Online religious expression in Pakistan
- The Brookings Project on U.S. Relations with the Islamic World (2015). Empowering Pakistan’s Civil Society to Counter Global Violent Extremism
- Bytes 4 All Pakistan (2014). Technology driven violence against women
- CIVICUS Monitor (2016). Duterte's War on Drugs Damages Civic Space
- Asian Development Bank (2013). Civil Society Briefs: Philippines.
- CIVICUS Monitor (2016). Samoa overview
- Macmillan Brown Centre (2008). Civil Society and Political Accountability in Samoa
Solomon Islands (the)
- State, Society and Governance in Melanesia (2006). Strengthening Civil Society in Solomon Islands: Organisational and Network Development in Development Services Exchange
- UNDP (2007). Civil Society and UNDP in Sri Lanka: Partnerships in Crisis Situations
- International Federation of Journalists (2007). Words to Action - investigative reporting on corruption in Sri Lanka. Brussels, Belgium.
- International Federation of Journalists (2006). Reporting for All: Developing a public service journalism culture in Sri Lanka. Brussels, Belgium.
- Kepa (2011). Reflections on Thai Civil Society
- UPR Info (2016). 2nd Cycle UPR Thailand 2016: Information on the Status of the Human Rights Situation in Thailand
- US Agency for International Development, Search for Common Ground in Timor-Leste (2015). Youth Engagement to Promote Stability. Final Evaluation 2015
- Australian Council for International Development (2008). Timor-Leste Civil Society Analysis
- ARTICLE 19 (2017). Vietnam: Media must have full access to meetings of the National Assembly. London, UK
- The Asia Foundation (2012). Civil Society in Vietnam: Comparative Study of Civil Society Organizations in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- German Institute of Global and Area Studies (2013). Civic Organizations in Vietnam’s One‐Party State: Supporters of Authoritarian Rule?